Highfield Accredited Programs
Level 3 International Award in First Aid at Work and the Safe Use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
The Level 3 International Award in First Aid at Work and the Safe Use of an Automated External Defibrillator is a 3-day course qualification aimed at providing candidates with the necessary knowledge, understanding and skills to support first aid and the use of a defibrillator in the workplace.
Topics covered include roles and responsibilities of a first aider, assessing incidents, managing causalities who are: unresponsive and not breathing, managing casualties in shock, administering first aid to causalities with suspected: head, spinal, chest injuries, with burns, scalds, eye injuries, and those suffering from sudden poisoning and anaphylaxis, as well as knowing how to safely use an automated external defibrillator.
By the end of the session, the participants will learn:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- Know how to assess an incident
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
- Know how to manage a casualty who is not breathing normally and unresponsive, choking, minor injury and shock
- Know how to administer first aid to a casualty with injuries to bones, muscles, and joints, head and spinal injuries, chest injuries, burns and scalds, eye injury, poisoning, and anaphylaxis.
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with a suspected major illness
- Know how to safely use an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Recovery Position
- External bleeding
- Hypovolemic shock
- Fractures, discoloration, sprains, and strains
- Head injuries
- Spinal Injury
- Chesk Injury
- Safety use of an AED