NEBOSH Accredited Programs
Certificate in Environmental Management
A globally recognized qualification for those who have Environmental Management responsibilities or anyone wishing to have a career in this area. The NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management covers the principles of environmental management and is relevant for international markets.
Those who hold the NEBOSH Environmental Certificate are able to help their employers demonstrate environmental excellence and social responsibility, as well as avoid prosecution, litigation, and loss of reputation. Of international relevance, the qualification provides knowledge and skills to support the introduction and maintenance of the environmental management standard ISO 14001 within your organization
Our qualifications are developed based on extensive research with environmental professionals, employers, professional bodies and regulators to ensure that they remain relevant, rigorous as well as achievable and practical.
At the end of the course, participants should able to:
• Identify the Environmental Management System and its aspect
• Know the sources and use of energy and energy efficiency
• Control of pollution
• Plan for dealing with environmental emergencies
The NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management is designed for managers, supervisors and employees who have responsibility for managing environmental issues as part of their work focusing on assessing environmental management systems.
The course covers the following topics:
Unit EC1: Management and control of environmental hazards
• Element 1: Foundation in Environmental Management
• Element 2: Environmental Management Systems
• Element 3: Environmental impact assessments
• Element 4: Control of emissions to air
• Element 5: Control of contamination of water sources
• Element 6: Control of waste and land use
• Element 7: Source and use of energy and energy efficiency
• Element 8: Control of environmental noise
• Element 9: Planning for and dealing with environmental emergencies
Unite EC2: Environmental practical application