NEBOSH Accredited Programs
International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety: UNIT IB – Hazardous Substances / Agents
The NEBOSH International Diploma is a qualification for aspiring health and safety professionals, building directly upon the foundation of knowledge provided by the NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety. The Diploma is designed to provide students with the expertise required to undertake a career as a health and safety practitioner and also provides a sound basis for progression to postgraduate study.
This unit provides students with a thorough grounding in all major aspects of managing hazardous substances and agents. It aims to prepare students for a career in health and safety by providing them with the ability to apply their knowledge and understanding of hazardous substances / agents in the workplace. In addition this knowledge and understanding prepares students for the written question paper assessment in Unit IB and the practical application (Unit DNI) which will be carried out in their own workplace.
The course will cover the following topics:
- Element IB1: Managing occupational health
- Element IB2: Identification, assessment and evaluation of hazardous substances
- Element IB3: The control of hazardous substances
- Element IB4: The monitoring and measuring of hazardous substances
- Element IB5: Biological agents
- Element IB6: Noise and vibration
- Element IB7: Radiation
- Element IB8: Mental ill-health and dealing with violence and aggression at work
- Element IB9: Musculoskeletal risks and controls
- Element IB10: Work environment risks and controls
|NEBOSH IDip IB||Kuwait||6-6-2021||17-6-2021|