IIRSM Accredited Programs
Personal Protective Equipment
This course is designed to develop the participant’s:
- Awareness of the correct usage of PPE.
- Knowledge of PPE work practices
- Understanding of the control measures required while using PPE
Training shall consist of a combination of formal instruction (e.g., lecture, discussion, interactive, video, written material). Each candidate will undergo a theory assessment (multiple-choice questions) at the end of the course.
By the end of this course participants should be able to:
- Gain knowledge of the correct usage of PPE.
- Be able to Safely and properly select, use and care for the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Be aware of the different types of PPE including their uses and limitations.
- Appreciate the importance of PPE in terms of when other controls are not practicable or available.
All employees who require to wear personal protective equipment at workplace.
The course will cover the following topics:
- Course objectives
- Safety moment
- Corrective / Preventive Measures
- Choosing & Using
- What is Personal Hygiene?
- General Safety Hazards
- Procedure Requirements
- Individual Responsibility
- Supervisory Responsibility
- Protecting Others
- Self-Protection Equipment
- Eyes and Face Protection and Examples
- Head and Neck Protection
- Ears (Hearing Protection) and Examples
- Breathing Protection and Examples
- Examples of Exposure
- Hands and Arms
- Feet and Legs
- Body Protection
- Fall Protection Devices
- Example of Work that requires Fall Protection