Facility Operation and Maintenance - Repair of Concrete
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- By the successful completion of this course participants will be able apply newly acquired skills in practical work exercises and receive feedback from our instructors.
- Bring your own problems or solutions for review by our instructors and other attendees. Interaction with your colleagues is encouraged and will allow you to share experiences and learn from one another’s perspectives.
- You will receive an extensive set of notes to supplement your instructors’ presentations. The notes closely follow the presentations, freeing you from extensive notetaking and allowing you to concentrate on the material being presented.
- You will also receive a comprehensive construction planning and control textbook, which has immediate applicability to your construction project management responsibilities
This course focuses on processes and skills that are not only extremely helpful but, in most cases, necessary for successful and profitable construction project management. To participate, you should have a basic understanding of building construction methods and procedures.
Since the course emphasizes techniques that should be used in construction but often are not, and because it presents several recent innovative procedures, the course will be valuable to both seasoned managers as well as project management trainees. The instructors will present approaches used in both general and specialty contracting.
Owner’s representatives, who must integrate their owners’ interests and concerns with the construction management processes of their contractors, have also found this course to be useful and valuable.
Civil Engineering Outline
The course will cover the following topics:
- An Overview of Project Management Practices Used in the Construction Industry
- An Owners Perspective: Selection of a Delivery Process and Contractors
- Tools for Construction Project Process Integration
- Manpower Scheduling and Management
- Integrating Scheduling into the Construction Management Process
- Construction Project Change Management
- Project Cost and Schedule Control During Construction
- Project Control Measures in the Field