F. High Performance and Green Buildings - Green Building Process: Real-World Strategies and Tools
What contracting method might work best for a green project?
How to motivate a construction team to separate construction and demolition waste?
How to write a specification language that will really work?
This course will provide you with immediately useful tools and tried-and-true techniques for improving the success of your green projects. Course Outline flow from early project planning through project completion, covering best-practice techniques throughout. Learn from experienced instructors who have already made the mistakes and can give you tips and tools to do it right the first time. The interactive classroom setting will allow you to ask questions, learn, and share your experiences in a supportive group atmosphere.
- Any member of the green project team, whether representing the owner, a design or construction team professional, or consultant, will find the Course Outline and networking opportunities extremely beneficial. This includes:
- Building owner representatives
- Facility planners and managers
- Architects, engineers, and related designers
- Construction managers and contractors
- Commissioning authorities
- Sustainability consultants
- Other related team members
Civil Engineering Outline
- Green Building Terminology and Rating Systems
- The Owners Perspective: Lessons Learned from State Government
- Budgeting for Green Projects
- Developing Performance Standards and Specifications
- The Owners Perspective: Building Green in the Private Sector
- Green Design Principles in Healthcare
- Fostering Integrated Design
- Evidence-based Design and Lean Design Principles
- The Roles of Consultants in Green Projects
- Strategies and Tools for the Design Team
- Roles and Responsibilities of the Design Team
- Strategies and Tools for the Construction Team
- Contracting Methods and Contracts
- Construction Waste Management