Structural Design for Non-Structural Engineers - Structural Design for Non-Structural Engineering
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- determine major structural loading conditions, including dead, live, snow, wind and seismic loads
- evaluate structural requirements
- select appropriate systems and materials
- develop shear and moment diagrams
- calculate member sizes
- solve incidental day-to-day structural problems
- design footings, foundations, columns, beams, floor systems, shear walls, and diaphragms
- design simple structures in concrete, steel, and wood
- size equipment supports, components and anchorages.
- architectural engineers.
- non-structural engineers such as mechanical, electrical and plant engineers
- and others who would like to know more about structural systems and solving routine structural problems.
Civil Engineering Outline
The course covers the following topics:
- Structural Analysis
- Strength of Materials
- Structural Steel Design
- Reinforced Concrete Design
- Structural Design Using Wood and Wood Products