Heat Exchangers, Mechanical Design and Specification
This course will prepare you for mechanical systems operation and maintenance of heat transfer equipment. There will be an emphasis on mechanical components design, material selection, specification, and performance evaluation in this course. All types of exchangers are addressed including shell and tube, plate, brazed aluminum, air coolers, and fired heaters.
By the end of this course, participants will know
- About designing, specifying and comprehending the basics of fabrication for heat transfer equipment used in the petroleum industry.
- About identifying and selecting the most appropriate type of heat transfer equipment for the application.
- About developing an understanding of the process design calculations for sizing and positioning heat transfer equipment.
- About preventing common problems with heat exchangers.
Mechanical Engineers, Facility Engineers, Plant Engineers, and Design Engineers who are involved in the design of heat transfer equipment utilized in petroleum facilities.
Mechanical Engineering Outline
The course covers the following topics:
- Heat Transfer Principles
- Materials and Material Selection
- Corrosion and Corrosion Control
- Fluids Behavior
- Design Process and Considerations
- Shell and Tube Exchangers
- Plate Exchangers
- Brazed Aluminum
- Air Coolers
- Fired Heaters
- Interface to Piping Systems
- Control Systems in Heat Transfer Applications
- Operating and Maintenance Considerations