Surface Production Operator Training
This course provides the operator with the required technical background for an efficient and rapid integration into the shift team.
At the completion of the course, participants will:
- Have a solid theoretical background for a better understanding of the processing operations
- Be reactive in the event of a hazardous or unusual situation
- Know the well and surface processing equipment
- Know the practical operating recommendations of this equipment (startup, shutdown, isolation)
- Know separation techniques, technology, and operations of pumps.
- Know about oil, water and gas treatment
- Field Operators
- Operation engineers
- Production and Petroleum engineers
Production Operations Outline
The course covers the following topics:
- Fundamentals of reservoir engineering and drilling techniques
- Wells: types - Completion equipment: types and functions.
- Wellheads: types and typical equipment.
- Artificial lift: Gas Lift (GL).
- Pumping (Electrical Submersible Pumps: PCP, Sucker Rod Pumps).
- Well safety equipment.
- Separators: types (two or three-phase, scrubber, FWKO) and technology (horizontal, vertical, spherical, internals, safety equipment).
- Absorbers, strippers and other distillation columns: types, technology, internals details.
- Separation equipment operation: start-up, shutdown, follow-up during normal operation.
TECHNOLOGY AND OPERATION OF PUMPS
- Surface centrifugal pumps
- Electrical Submersible Pumps (ESP).
- Surface Positive displacement Pumps.
- Progressing Cavity Pumps (PCP).
- Technology and operation (Start-up, Shutdown, permutation, follow-up during normal Operation).
- Centrifugal and reciprocating compressors
- Expanders and Turbo-expanders
- Gas turbines
OIL, WATER AND GAS TREATMENT
- Well effluent: types and characteristics
- Oil processing: stabilization, associated gas compression, dehydration, sweetening.
- Production and injection waters treatment
- Gas processing and conditioning: dehydration, sweetening, liquids extraction, compression and export.