Health & Safety
Basic of HSE Management
Recognition and proper management of health, safety, and environmental risks is fundamental to all management and professional roles in the industry. This course aims to equip participants with the underpinning knowledge relating to the concepts of an effective HSE management system and the key elements required for successful implementation.
The course is based upon a common HSE management system model (OGP, or tailored as required for in-house courses), and the course explains the basic elements and their interaction. A variety of exercises, readings, videos and case studies will be used to understand and practice the leadership, communication, implementation, monitoring, corrective action, audit and review tools generally used in HSE management systems.
By the end of this course participants will learn:
- The principle elements of a health and safety management system, and how these interact to promote continual improvement in HSE management
- About commonly used HSE management systems
- Key tools associated with risk assessment, risk control, and active reactive monitoring
- The roles and responsibilities of individuals within the management system and how they can affect the safety culture of the organization
The course is designed for all staff in the oil and gas and petrochemical industries requiring a basic awareness of health, safety and environmental (HSE) management including; Operations, Engineers, Supervisors, Project managers, and aspiring HSE professionals. It is a core course for any persons who can influence HSE Management within the organization and is also ideal for anyone new to the industry with no prior HSE management knowledge.
Health & Safety Outline
The course covers the following topics:
- Leadership and Commitment
- Policy and Strategic Objectives
- Legislation and Regulation
- Organization, Responsibilities, and Resources
- Professional Training and Behaviors
- Risk Assessment and Management
- Planning and Procedures
- Contractor Controls
- Emergency Response
- Performance Management
- Incident Reporting and Investigation
- Management Review