Health & Safety
This course is about practicing and applying safety tools, techniques, and management for the oil and gas and petrochemical industries. A rich variety of exercises, readings, videos and case studies are used to support the learning in realistic situations. These come together to ‘challenge’ participants in the real-life scenario of a fictional facility.
The course may be taken either independently or in conjunction with other Foundation level courses - Applied HSE Management, Applied Health, and Applied Environment.
By the end of this course participants will learn how to:
- Design and implement the principles and practice of safety technology
- Apply factors relating to people, equipment, materials and the working environment to the establishment of safe working environments
- Identify common hazards and design and implement systems to control and monitor them
HSE Professionals, Operations, Engineers, Supervisors and Project managers and all staff who have the responsibility for designing, implementing or supporting safety tools, techniques and management in their respective positions. This is a core course for persons in a supervisory role in an operational environment. Some prior knowledge of safety-related topics is desirable but not essential.
Health & Safety Outline
The course covers the following topics:
- Safety techniques for hazard and effect management
- Safety Culture
- Work Environment
- Chemical Handling Product Stewardship
- Fire Safety
- Electrical Safety
- Confined Space
- Lockout Tag out