IIRSM Accredited Programs
MHE Lift Truck Operational Safety Train the Trainer
Training shall consist of a combination of formal instruction (e.g., lecture, discussion, interactive, video, written material), micro teaching, practical assessment (demonstrations and practical exercises performed by trainee) and evaluation of the delegates performance to demonstrate presentation and coaching skills.
Each candidate will undergo a theory assessment, demonstrate presentation skills, delegate coaching skills test and an evaluation for successfully completing the course.
Completed checklists in addition to completed multiple-choice questions would be assessed to verify competence.
The purpose of this training is to train to qualify MHE Instructor by providing required skills to Train and examine MHE operators in a safe and professional manner.
MHE Trainer’s certification is required for organizations/individuals who wish to gain competency to train MHE operators, organizations that are responsible for their departments to ensure that only trained and certified individuals operate the MHE.
By the end of this course participants should be able to:
- Distinguish the law and regulation of health and safety at work
- Recognize specific MHE components and potential hazards around MHE operations
- Understand the types and features of lift truck and features.
- Gain operational knowledge, truck controls, truck stability physics and operational safety
- Perform lift truck safe operation in a variety of situations.
- Demonstrate safe refueling and recharging procedures and maintenance procedures.
- Know the advantages and disadvantages of Ice Breakers and set ground rules.
- Understand the training cycle and set proper training aims and objectives
- Plan a mini training session and design training resources
- Know the characteristics of a good trainer
- Deliver a mini training session and give feedback to peers
- Know the roles and responsibilities of MHE trainer
- Demonstrate the physical inspection of different lift truck types
- Coach safe operation and inspection procedures to Novice and Refresher
- Perform various techniques of coaching and assessing the operators
- Educate and evaluate MHE operators and assess safe operation performance
The course will cover the following topics:
- OSHA regulations for lift trucks
- Kuwait Labor Law in Health and Safety
- PUWER LOLAR Regulations
- COSHH Regulations
- Truck specifications and identifications
- Warnings and precautions during MHE operations.
- Controls and instrumentation during operation
- Capacity and stability of the lift truck
- Steering and maneuvering techniques.
- MHE operating limitations and surface conditions
- Load conditions and load compositions
- Identifying material handling common accidents
- Truck inspections and checklists
- Refueling and recharging
- Train the trainer
- Ice breakers
- Understand the training cycle
- Setting proper training aims and objectives
- Mini sessions – Feedback
- Assess learning (formal and informal)
- Evaluations and feedback
Day-3 - 4
Robust Theory and Practical sessions on the following:
- Presentation Skills (30 Mins presentation)
- Visual Inspectional Instructions
- Operational Instruction
- Operating Skills using Chicane Model concept.
- Load handling procedures practical.
- Assessment of the Instructors in the following criteria
- Visual Inspectional Instruction with a Novice
- Operational Inspection Instruction by the delegate to Novice
- Instructional Operating Skills using Chicane Model concept to the Novice
- Assessing the load handling procedures practical done by an operator.